Part- Time (0.5 fraction - 2 ½ days a week)
Working to make a difference at your Student Association
In 2015, the Flinders University Student Association (FUSA) is establishing the Student Assist Support Officer position to provide backing and assistance with administrative, project and campaign activities within the Student Assist team. This position will be initially located at the current FUSA location (Level 4, Engineering building on Central Campus, Bedford Park) until the new Flinders University Hub is ready in 2016.
About the role
FUSA is seeking to appoint an innovative, qualified and motivated student to fill the position of Student Assist Support Officer. You will be a reliable, hardworking and highly organised individual.
Your primary objectives will be:
- Providing clients with appropriate referrals within FUSA, the University and external agencies, as needed.
- Maintaining a thorough level of knowledge about University student-related policies and procedures, administration procedures and services relevant to students to enable the provision of sound advice.
- Maintaining the accuracy and relevance of the Student Assist student resource repository and the Advocacy and Financial sections of the website.
- Assisting with basic benchmarking and data collection exercises.
- Contributing to the development of policy initiatives as well as the preparation and drafting of submissions and reports.
- Contribute and provide support to the development and promotion/marketing of Student Assist initiatives.
- Contribute to the ongoing operation of Student Assist services by undertaking other administrative and associated duties as determined by the Team Leader: Student Assist
The successful applicant will be a reliable and hardworking Flinders University student with:
- Demonstrated effective inter-personal skills and demonstrated commitment to the provision of quality customer service
- Demonstrated ability to make informed decisions and use judgement and problem solving skills appropriately and within relevant policies and/or procedures.
- Demonstrated organisational skills, including taking responsibility for own work, meeting deadlines and accepting changes in job role in a positive manner.
- Effective oral and written communications skills, including the ability to convey ideas clearly to others and to adapt communication style and content to match the audience.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships within a team and a commitment to team goals.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Office and Adobe suite of programs.
For a full list of the key selection criteria please refer to the position description.
To be eligible to apply you must be a currently enrolled Flinders University student.
Applicants must address the selection criteria contained within the position description.
Please read the Position Description carefully.
Working hours to be negotiated with the Team Leader: Student Assist.
HOW TO APPLY
Please refer to the Position Description, which you can download on this page.