5. On the Adding a new Database page, click Expand all
6. In the General section enter a Name for the database and some text in the Description field explaining how the database will be used.
7. Under Entries, select:
o whether the supervisor's Approval
is required before the entry will display to other students in the database, and o whether it is allowed to edit the approved entries (this is disabled if no approval is required) o whether you will Allow comments on entries o the number of Entries required for completion per student if the activity is to be considered complete, and o the number
of Entries required before viewing other students’ entries. o the Maximum number of entries any student
can contribute to the database.
8. If necessary, under Availability, Enable the date fields and define the periods for which the database will be Available (i.e. open to contributions) and available in Read-only form.
9. Under RSS, select how many
Entries in the RSS feed you want to display
10. Set up the Ratings system, if you want students to be able to rate entries. (You must save the activity
before the Roles with permission to rate will display.) You can:
o tell FLO how to decide on a final rating (Aggregate type) o indicate whether to apply a Scale to the ratings o Restrict ratings to items with dates in the given date range.
the remainder of the page and click Save and display.
You will now need to define fields for your database, see the instructions in Build a database