Fact : There are over 5,000 parking spaces on campus.
Fact : Parking can be really tight at the start of Semester One.
Fact : A large number of buses service the campus, both directly and via Flinders Medical Centre, as well as the Loop Bus service around campus.
Fact : For returning students, your 2013 Parking Permit expires on 7 March 2014.
Here are a few simple things you can do to ensure you get to your commitments on time:
- A new 250 vehicle car park, Car Park 19A, will be available from O-week for general permit parking and is centrally located just a five minute walk from the Registry Building, FMC and Sturt Buildings. Car Park 19A is adjacent to Flinders Living and entry is via Sturt Drive (refer to Campus Map).
- Free student parking is available on the western oval (overflow parking) from Monday, 4 March 2014.
- To save time, go straight to the oval (opposite Flinders Private Hospital) and a shuttle bus departing every 10 minutes will take you to your campus destination. To return to the oval, the campus Loop Bus will run return trips every 20 minutes until 6.00pm, then every 45 minutes until 9:45pm. Click here for the location of the Loop Bus stops.
- Should you choose not to park at the oval, please be aware that after 9:40am the car parks inside Ring Road or adjacent to the Sturt campus are likely to be full, and after 10am it is likely that all car parks will be full.
- Please do not park on verges. It is not safe for you or others.
- Please purchase a Flinders University Yearly or Semester 2014 parking permit and ensure your new permit is clearly displayed on your vehicle.
- To minimise delays and avoid lengthy queues parking permit applications can be downloaded here. Once completed, present the form early to the Cashiers Office, now located in the Mall, or the student hub at Sturt campus (Decafé Food Hall, Sturt North).
For any enquiries or assistance please contact the Parking Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.