Your student email will be upgraded on Monday 8 July. The new version will use the Microsoft Office 365 system rather than Live@Edu as currently used.
What differences will I notice?
- the theme will change and you will see a Microsoft Office 365 logo in the top left corner
- your mailbox quota will increase from 10 GB to 25 GB
- the SkyDrive link will no longer be available (see below for more info if you currently use SkyDrive)
What will be the same?
- you will still access the mail from http://livemail.flinders.edu.au/
- you will still use your FAN and password to access your mail
- your email address will be the same
- your mailboxes will be the same
- your connection settings from mobile devices will be the same
What if I still want to access SkyDrive?
- you can still access your SkyDrive but it will be separate from your Flinders email
- your SkyDrive will be accessed through a personal Microsoft Live account, not a Flinders account
- although the login will still have ‘flinders’ in it, this account is supported by Microsoft, not the University
- use the following details to connect:
Login: FAN@uni.flinders.edu.au (eg firstname.lastname@example.org)
Password: Initially it will be your FAN password, but you can change it to something different. If you reset your FAN password it will not reset your SkyDrive password.
- new students can choose to sign up for a free personal Microsoft Live account if they wish at https://skydrive.live.com/ or use another cloud storage provider such as Google Drive or Dropbox
- if you no longer want to maintain your SkyDrive, go to http://account.live.com/ and choose the ‘Close Account’ link. This will delete all files on the SkyDrive and cancel your login.
What if I have problems after the upgrade?
- your browser might not support the upgraded email - if you are using Internet Explorer 6 or 7 you should upgrade to a newer version
- if you are using Microsoft Outlook 2003 to access your email, some features may not be enabled
- if you still need help, please contact FLO student helpdesk or Ask Trim
A further upgrade of student email is planned for later in the year.