FLO Student Support
Your Topics in FLO
Are your topics starting within the next week? To head straight to these topics, use the 'future' filter.
A couple of quick tips:
- 'star' important topics that you will use regularly, then use the 'starred' filter for direct access
- 'sort' your topics by 'last accessed' to keep regularly accessed topics at the top of your list
Access to your topics
Topics in FLO are made available to students 7 days before the start date of the topic. For this 7 day period, these topics will be considered 'future', and will appear in your unfiltered MyTopics list and your 'future' topic list. When teaching starts, these topics will move to be available in your 'in progress' list and your unfiltered list.
After most topics end you will have continued access for a further 365 days, after which time you will no longer be able to access your topic or its content. Before you lose access to your topic it is highly recommended that you make a copy of any content that you might like to refer to later.
Organising your topics
Your FLO dashboard will show your recently accessed topics at the top of the screen, with all topics available from your 'my topics' list below.
Make sure you are looking at the 'My Topics' section in the main part of the FLO dashboard, rather than the abbreviated MyTopics list available from your Navigation menu (down the left side of your page), in order to see your full list of topics and to see filtering options.
You have a good deal of control over how your 'My Topics' list displays, and can customise it to your preferences. The following customisations are available,
- Sort preferences - select if you would like to sort your topics by 'topic name' (alphabetical) or 'last accessed'.
- Filter your topics - 'star' favourite topics for quick access or 'hide from my topics' to hide infrequently used topics. Alternatively, filter by 'past', 'present' and 'future'.
- 'Star' favourite topics.
Click the elipses by your chosen topic and select 'star this topic'. Filter by 'starred' to see only those topics you have starred.
- 'Hide from view' topics that you don't wish to access everyday. These topics will then be removed from your default 'all topics' list.
Click the elipses beside your chosen topic and select 'hide from my topics'. Filter by 'hidden from my topics' to access these topics if needed.
To later restore these topics, filter by 'hidden from my topics' then use the elipses to select 'restore to view'.
Future topics are those that will commence within the next 7 days, while in progress topics are your current topics. Past topics are those that have past their topic end date (normally after the supp exam period has finished), or if topic completion is turned on, those that you have completed.
- Display preferences - select how you would like to view your topics.
- Choose 'Card' to see your topics in a grid with the coloured tile or image visible
- Choose 'list' to see your topics in list form
- Choose 'summary' to see your topics in a list, with a description of the topic if one has been included