Parking on Bedford Park campus – things you need to know
- There are over 5,000 parking spaces on campus.
- Parking can be really tight at the start of Semester One.
- A large number of buses service the campus, both directly and via Flinders Medical Centre, as well as the Loop Bus service around the campus.
- For returning students, your 2014 parking permit expires on 6 March 2015.
- NEW IN 2015 - purchase your parking permit online !
Things you can do to help ensure you get to your classes on time:
- Purchase a Yearly or Semester 2015 parking permit by Friday, 6 March 2015 and ensure your new permit is clearly displayed on your vehicle. See http://www.flinders.edu.au/campus/location/parking.cfm for details to purchase online (allow 7 days for delivery).
- Be aware that after 9:40am the car parks inside Ring Road or adjacent to the Sturt campus are likely to be full, and after 10:00am it is likely that all car parks will be full. Additional (overflow) parking is available on the western oval from Monday, 2 March 2015.
- If arriving after 9.30, consider going straight to the overflow parking on the oval (opposite Flinders Private Hospital). A free shuttle bus departs every 10 minutes from 9:30am taking you to your campus destination. To return to the oval, the campus Loop Bus will run return trips every 20 minutes until 6.00pm, then every 45 minutes until 9:45pm.
- Be aware that Car Park 8, which closed last year, is to remain closed for the duration of the Plaza Redevelopment and Student Hub project and will reopen for 2016.
- If buying your permit over the counter, be organised in advance to save time! Download and complete your parking permit application in advance and make sure you know how to get to the Cashiers Office or the student hub at Sturt campus (Decafé Food Hall, Sturt North).
- And don’t park on the verges if you are running late. It isn’t safe for you or for others.
For any enquiries or assistance please contact the parking office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.