Latest announcements

University consultation and feedback processes: your comments welcome

University consultation and feedback processes: your comments welcome

by Flinders University -
Number of replies: 0

The University’s approach to listening to its key stakeholders, and particularly students, is under review. The review has been focusing on major student surveys like the Student Evaluation of Teaching and the University Experience Survey, and on consultation with other stakeholder groups like staff, graduates and employers.

A working group comprising representatives of academic staff, professional staff and the student body has been reflecting on the University’s current practices. The working group is aiming to create, communicate and execute a plan to improve the University’s approach to listening to its stakeholders. The ultimate purpose is to draw on stakeholders’ perspectives to improve everyone’s experience and to make the University a better place for study, work and engagement.

A draft plan (encompassing a “plain English” summary as well as a full formally structured version) has been placed on the Planning Services Unit’s website at https://planning.flinders.edu.au/?content=surveys&page=listening. Your comments on the draft plan are invited. Please send any comments to surveys@flinders.edu.au by Friday 15 August 2014. Comments will be considered by the working group before the plan is finalised and approved.

Being able, as an institution, to listen effectively to insights, advice and feedback from across the Flinders community must be a key to helping the University to improve the experience of students, staff and other stakeholders. I encourage you to provide the working group with any constructive thoughts on its draft plan.

I also take the opportunity to affirm how important your opinions are to Flinders. So I also encourage you to take the time to respond to all invites for your feedback including your periodic Student Evaluation of Teaching (SET) surveys and the University Experience Survey to be conducted during Semester 2. The student voice will be heard, and it will make a difference.

Thank you.

Andrew Parkin
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic)