Assignment 3: Unit plan
Assignment 3: Overview & Joining a group
Group submission - Part A Lesson plan: Completion of template provided & Part B presentation of the unit: 15 minutes (40%)
Please note that the unit plan component is worth 20% and the oral presentation 20% of the whole topic.
- In a group of three/four, plan and share with peers, an integrated numeracy and ICT unit focused on at least one content descriptor in a learning area of the Australian Curriculum other than mathematics. Any year level between 7 and 10 can be selected.
- Collaboratively you will construct the unit of work.
- Individually, you will each complete the 4-part lesson plan.
- You will also give an oral presentation during an allocated workshop in which you will:
- Give an overview of the unit you have designed
- Highlight the role of numeracy and ICT
- Explore a technological tool - and if appropriate give an example (5 min)
- Involve your peers as students in a 10-minute practical activity (that incorporates aspects of numeracy and ICT) described in at least one of your 4-part lesson plans.
- You may need to present and explain an abbreviated version of the practical activity
Identify your partner and discuss the grade level and subject areas that you wish to focus on.
Download the unit plan template from FLO.
Explore the Australian Curriculum online and identify the learning area you would like to select for the focus of your unit and lessons. Read the overview of that learning area to ascertain how this learning area relates to the numeracy and ICT general capabilities.
Identify a year level and one specific content descriptor of a learning area (other than mathematics) that will be the focus of your lessons. Explore and select an ICT tool that will enhance students’ learning of this content. Ensure your ICT tool will be available during your oral presentation. Ensure that your tutor is aware if you require the laptops or iPads for your allocated workshop.
Explore and select an ICT tool that will enhance students’ learning of this content. Ensure your ICT tool will be available during your oral presentation.
Detail your lessons and the unit overview using the 4-part lesson plan template available on FLO.
Check that your lesson plan fulfils all of the assignment requirements and does not contain inaccuracies or errors.
Plan and rehearse your oral presentation to ensure that you will present confidently and within the time limit.
Upload your lesson plan to FLO via the due date.